April 11, 2013

April 11th Haul

To celebrate the end of exams, I planned myself a big haul for today! Not everything went as expected, but I was able to find some pretty decent deals!
Everything all together! So much prettiness!

So I started the day at Target (it's new to Canada, so I was excited to see which US brands would finally be available). Since my goal for today's haul was to focus on nail polish I started in the beauty section. Was surprised to see OPI and Essie at Target (although they were both overpriced in my opinion, there was quite the selection). Then I spotted Sinful Colors, and knew I had to get Frenzy, it's beautiful purple and blue glitter, which I'm hoping looks as good on as it does in the bottle!
Then I spotted NYX (again new to Canada, and I love 2 eye shadow palettes of theirs that I own), but I didn't buy anything, the selection was limited and I wanted to move on. So all I ended up with from Target was the 1 nail polish.
From left to right: OPI Austin-tatious Turquoise, Zoya Kate, and Sinful Colors Frenzy

After that I went to Trade Secrets, there was a bin of about 40 OPI and Zoya nail polishes that said Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off, of course the first 2 colours I picked out were both not supposed to be in the bin, so I went back and found these 2: OPI Austin-tatious Turquoise and Zoya Kate. I currently don't have any turquoise-y teal colours, so this looked good and the pink looks like a neutral girly pink. Can we stop and celebrate these are my first every purchases of OPI or Zoya nail polish!!!! Yay!

Then I headed to Sephora, my purpose of going to the mall, since the VIB Chic Week started today. Yes, I was there when the doors opened. No, it wasn't crazy busy. I got my free tote and samples and I purchased Sephora by OPI Who's Spinning Tonight (on sale for $7) and the Buxom Amplified Smoky Eye which includes a mini Amplified Lash Mascara and a mini Smoky Eye Stick in 5" Stiletto. Honestly I was just looking for something cheap to buy to get the free stuff (since I went totally overboard at Sephora in December).

Sephora by OPI in Who's Spinning Tonight and Buxom Amplified Smoky Eye surrounded by free samples

Next up was Shopper's Drugmart.

From left to right: Essie Ballet Slippers, Essie As Gold As It Gets, Essie Eternal Optimist, Essie A Cut Above, Maybelline Color Show in Styled Out

Found these Essie sets for $9 each. Awesome! That's cheaper than 1 Essie polish here in Canada!! So I swooped up the 2 colour combos of those and headed to look at the discount/clearance section (after checking out the normal Essie section and finding the 2 I really wanted not there). There was actually a really good selection in the clearance spot, a bunch of Nicole by OPI for $3-$5, some of the Covergirl nail polish for $3 or so, and then I spotted this Maybelline one, with a $1 sticker on it. It's a shimmering denim blue, and for $1, how bad could it be? The saleslady didn't believe it was only a $1 and even after looking at the sticker still ran a price check. Lol.

Then I drove to Winners, to see what deals were offered in the Beauty/Skin Care section. I will say it is always chaos at Winners, but the deals I've found the last few times have been worth it (but you really have to work and search for the good items). Today I found a set of 4 Color Club mini nail polishes for $5 as well as a set of Andrea Oil-free Eye Makeup Correctors and Andrea Moisturizing Makeup Remover Pads also for $5. I've used the Andrea pads before and found them a bit greasy but effective, so I figured why not try these out? Plus the q-tip shape of the correctors looks perfect for when you make mistakes while doing your eyes.

Colours in the Color Club set from left to right: Pearl-spective, Abyss, Endless Summer, and Bright Night

My last (successful) stop was Sally's Beauty Supplies, where for all of April all nail polishes are Buy 2 Get 1 Free. So after much deliberation (sooo many pretty colours!) I wound up with 2 Orly and 1 China Glaze.

From left to right: Orly Ingenue, Orly Nite Owl, and China Glaze Recycle

Yay for hauling! What do you guys think of my haul? Any suggestions of deals in Canada? Any nail polishes I should check out?

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment