June 02, 2013

May Empties

Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and start posting empties posts. Not only will it help me use up my makeup/products but I will also give a short review on each of the items. So here's the items I used up in May!

Front row L to R: Garnier Fructis Body & Volume Conditioner, CoverGirl Lashblast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara in Very Black, Garnier Fructis Body & Volume Shampoo
Back row L to R: Balea Purifying Face Mask in Jasmine & Cactus Flower Extract, SPAresource Coconut Body Mist, Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser, Compliments Premiere Quality Cotton Pads, Secret Clinical Antiperspirant Waterproof.

Garnier Fructis Body & Volume Shampoo and Conditioner: honestly can't say where I got these samples from or even how long ago. I don't generally need volumizing hair products, since my hair is medium-thick naturally.  These smelled great (as expected), and did a good job cleaning and smoothing my hair. I won't repurchase however as it isn't a product I need.

CoverGirl Lashblast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara in Very Black: definitely my favourite drugstore brand mascara! Lives up to the volume & lengthening description, and definitely lasts smudge-proof throughout a long day at work. I would highly recommend this mascara, definitely worth the price! On a side note, I'm keeping this empty mascara around, since my ELF Lengthening & Defining mascara seems to last longer when I sweep this brush through my lashes after applying the mascara.

Balea Purifying Face Mask in Jasmine & Cactus Flower Extract: received this mask a while back for Christmas and finally got around to using it. I'm not a huge face mask person, but I do enjoy them every so often. This one isn't one of my favourites that I've tried, it's a peel off one, but I must've not applied it evenly because even 5 minutes after the recommended time to take off the mask, I was unable to peel off my right cheek.  The stickness/goopiness of the mask took probably longer to get off my face than the total time to apply and wait to dry.  Pretty frustrating. Also didn't notice any difference in my complexion. I won't repurchase this product.

SPAresource Coconut Body Mist: received this as a Christmas present a few years ago, and have finally finished it up. Although I wouldn't have picked a coconut scent for myself, I actually really enjoyed this scent. It was a sweet coconut scent, that reminded me of pina coladas without the pineapple. Refreshing & sweet, a great combo in my opinion. Wouldn't repurchase though since I'm not sure where I could buy this brand.

Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser: received this in my IT Kit from Sephora back in December. Thought it was a decent cleanser, but definitely won't be replacing my usual Cetaphil with this, as I didn't notice any difference, and I find this product too expensive for no results.

Compliments Premiere Quality Cotton Pads: picked these up quickly at Sobey's for nail polish removal. These were strong enough not to completely disintegrate and didn't have a lot of lint. For the price I will definitely buy these again. Good for both nail polish removal & toning my face.

Secret Clinical Antiperspirant Waterproof: my favourite deodorant! Haven't found anything that works as well as this!

What products did you use up this month? Any favs or recommendations for me?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment