August 24, 2014

NOTD: August 24, 2014

As summer starts to wind down, you'll be seeing a lot of summer appropriate polish as I try to fit my mani with the seasons/my mood!
 
 
This is ciate Kiss Chase. My first time trying this luxury brand, and as you can see I ran into some difficulties with the formula.  This is 3 coats of Kiss Chase over and under my Revlon Multi-Care Base+Top Coat. I had some issues with patchiness, which might be my own fault (I might not have waited long enough after applying my base coat) or it could be the nail polish's (as this is the first ciate polish I've tried, I don't want to blame the whole brand, could just be a fluke or the colour).
 
I picked this up at Winners for the steal price of $5 (these usually retail between $15-$17 in Canada). I love the bottle, the bow makes it adorable and the design is easy to hold while painting your nails. This colour is described as a "dreamy pink" on the ciate website, but it's more a jelly coral to my eyes. Perfect summer shade!
 
Have you tried ciate? Any thoughts on the quality of their polish?
 
Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment